If you're new to Craft CMS, you're in for a treat. Below, we've collected a list of links to help you get started understanding Craft's Core Concepts, find key resources, and connect with the community.
When you're ready to get a bit deeper, check out:
Exploring Craft #
– The highlight videos in the Features section of the Craft website are a good place to start and see Craft in action.
– The Core Concepts section in the Craft Docs provides more practical info on how the platform works. Learn about Users, Sections and Entries, Globals, Assets, Categories, Tags, Fields, Relations, Routing, and Searching.
Happy Lager Website
– Happy Lager is a complete Craft Demo site with templates and a database. Download it from GitHub to explore it all or [create a Happy Lager demo site online](https://demo.buildwithcraft.com) to explore the Control Panel.
– Download and use Craft Client or Craft Pro for free.
– A comprehensive list of plugins that are available to extend Craft CMS.
Tutorials and Exploring Concepts #
Video series by Mijingo
– Mijingo has several courses to help get up to speed with Craft CMS, from a basic primer to Twig Templating and Plugin Development.
– Informal Google Hangout discussions that dive into various Craft topics with examples.
– The _Tutorials_ Category on Straight Up Craft has a collection of articles and links to Craft-related tutorials.
Websites Dedicated to Craft #
– A collection of task-oriented recipes
– A community website for the Deutsche Community
– Plugins & Tutorials for Craft CMS
Craft Link List
– A curated publication collecting interesting links about Craft CMS
Straight Up Craft
– You've found us already! Learn Craft CMS. Find Plugins and Professionals. Share Projects and Jobs.
– Community Q&A site. The best place to get help and help others.
– Join the Craft Slack chat room to ask questions, discuss twig and plugin development, find jobs, and more.
– Follow [@craftcms](https://twitter.com/craftcms) and the official [#craftcms](https://twitter.com/search?q=%23craftcms) community hashtag.
– Craft’s Google+ community is a great place to post topics that don’t fit the Q&A format of Stack Exchange.
– Post feature ideas and bug reports on the Craft Feedback site, and vote on the ideas you’d like to see.
– The Community page on the Craft CMS website has a list of upcoming events, meetup groups, and more.
Pixel & Tonic #